Mills County, Iowa
1881 Mills County History
The Court House
No records exist relative to the building of this structure. The original legislation, the notices,
the elections, the contract, all have disappeared from the county records for reasons best known to those immediately
connected with their disappearance.
Return to: 1881 Mills County History Home Page
The building is a brick structure, two stories in height, the upper of which is
used for court purposes. On the first floor are the offices devoted to the use of the county officials. The building
was erected in 1857, and cost about forty thousand dollars, perhaps a sufficient reason for the loss of all records
pertaining to it.
Transcribed by Roseanna Zehner and Jennifer Miller;
Copyright 2005 All Rights Reserved