List of Towns, Post Offices, Landmarks, etc…
Fredonia: Platted Feb. 4,
1856 by John B. Hughes, A.J. Cooper and Absolom Deeter. Located about six miles
east of Marshalltown in the southwest quarter of Section 26. It was a Post
Office from 1853 to 1857; its last vestage disappeared some years ago.
Green Mountain: Platted
Nov. 1, 1855 by James W. Harvey, William Wallace and William S. Holt. First
located in northwest corner of Section 15. Upon the coming of the railroad, the
town was moved to its present location in Section 10.
Gowando: A Post Office in 1860-1861
in the southeastern part of the township.
Reedsville: A Post Office
from 1855 to 1860 in the eastern part of the township.
Rockton: A hamlet railroad
spur servicing the quarry. Located about 1 ½ miles north of the East Main
Street Road. A Post Office from 1888 to 1900.