|Marshall County, Iowa|
LeGrand is a pleasantly located village of about 400 inhabitants, on the C & NW R’y eight miles East of Marshalltown. It is one mile South of the Iowa River, on which is situated the LeGrand Mills and the celebrated LeGrand Quarries, which give employment to scores of labourers. The town contains three churches, of the Friends, Methodist, and Christian denominations, and, besides excellent public schools, a flourishing Academy under the control of the Friends. The various department of trade and the ordinary mechanical industries are represented by honest, enterprising, capable men; and it has one of the best small towns for trade in Iowa. Parties desiring a home, where their children may be educated, and at the same time be surrounded by good society, would do well to visit LeGrand.
--LeGrand Record, Dec. 1885
|(c) Copyright 2007 by Jennie Williams Pahls. Last updated on November 9, 2007.|