List of Towns, Post Offices, Landmarks, etc…
Timber Creek: A post
office, 1850 to 1882, shown on early maps in the central part, then the
southern part of Timber Creek township. Later located in the northeast corner
of Jefferson township.
New Jefferson: Platted May
19, 1857 by Andrew J. Smith and located on the northeast corner of the
township, about 1 ½ miles northwest of Ferguson.
Laurel: First located about
2 miles from the present location in the northern part of section 22. Platted
on Dec. 30, 1880 by Carl Wissenberger for second location. Second location is
in Sections 26 & 27 on the State Center branch of the Iowa Central
Railroad. Incorporated May 9, 1903.
Haverhill: Platted Feb. 1,
1882 by the Milwaukee Land Co. and located in Sections 4 & 5.