LYON COUNTY GENEALOGY
If you would like to connect with other Lyon County researchers, join the Lyon County IAGenWeb Mailing list sponsored by Rootsweb-Ancestry.com. Sending a message to a single e-mail address, sends a message to all those who have subscribed.
To subscribe to the Lyon County Mail List, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line and in the body of the message, please type the word subscribe. Make sure any signature or tag lines are turned off. In return, you will receive an e-mail welcoming you to the list and explaining its use.
To post a message to the Mail List, send an e-mail to email@example.com
What should you post?
What should be in your post?
- Questions about your ancestors. Give as much detail as you can.
- Interesting history that is relevant to the list.
- Genealogy and family history conference, even if they charge for admission.
- Genealogy societies should feel free to post about their society and their website.
- Book reviews of genealogy books are reasonable. A list of books is not, but sharing a good genealogy book you've found is a good idea.
- Links to personal blogs that are about genealogy. They can be your blog or another. Even if the blog has ads, that is not a problem.
- New collections on various genealogy sites that are relevant. We don't want advertisements, but if you find an interesting collection on Ancestry, Family Search, Library of Congress or some other site that has relevance to the list, let people know.
- An informative but concise subject line.
- When replying to a previous message, be sure to check that the intended recipients address is showing in the Send To box of your email BEFORE clicking on SEND.
- Proofread and be sure you want your post public. All posts go in the archives.
If you are interested in subscribing to other Iowa Mailing Lists, from Rootsweb-Ancestry.com, please go to
To unsubscribe to the Mail List, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line and in the body of the e-mail, type the word unsubscribe and nothing else.