LOUISA COUNTY, IOWA

COMMUNITY NEWS

The Republican Centennial Edition, Wapello, Louisa County, Iowa
Thursday, July 12, 1956, Section Two, Page 16

Transcribed by Shirley Plumb, June 30, 2019

THE STATE BANK OF WAPELLO
Organized on Sept. 11, 1935

    State Bank of Wapello was organized on September 11, 1935 and the first board of directors were as follows.

    H. B. Hammer, John G. Keck, Wm. Sillick, Fred Meyerholz, Elmer Shipman, Dean B. Parsons, W. B. Jamison.

    John B. Keck was elected president. Elmer Shipman was elected vice-president. H. B. Hammer Cashier.

    Ray Whitehead was elected assít Cashier on September 223, 1935.

    The bank opened its doors for business on November 1, 1935 and at the close of the first day total footings were $54,672.36. The Capital stock at the bank at that time was $25,000.00 capital, $4,000.00 Surplus and $1,000.00 undivided profits.

    The bank original location was in the Corner of 2nd and Van Buren where the Smart Shop is now located, and moved to its present location on or about July 1, 1937.

    At the present time the board of Directors consist of the following:

    W. A. Havenhill, Oran Hayes, R. G. Lowe, W. P. McNeil, L. H. Vardman, A. T. Wollenhaupt, Kenneth Wiederrecht.

    Officers and employees: W. P. McNeil, President, Oran Hayes, Vice President, L. H. Vardaman.

* ~ * ~ * ~ *

Back to the Republican Centennial Edition Index

Return to Community News Index

Back to Louisa Co. IAGenWeb, Home Page

Page created June 30, 2019 by Lynn McCleary