|IOWA CEMETERIES, KEOKUK COUNTY|
LANCASTER (EAST, WEST) TOWNSHIP
INDIVIDUAL BURIAL PLOT ON BLANCH CLINGAN FARM
East Lancaster Township
Wilmer Fritchen, a farmer in the Lancaster-Ollie area, directed the listers to a single stone lying in the pasture of the old John Clingan place.
This single stone is located in the Northwest Quarter of the Southwest Quarter of Section 3, Township 74 North, Range 11 West of the 5th P.M., of East Lancaster Township and may be reached by taking the gravel road south of the V5G paved highway at a point approximately four miles Southeast of Lancaster. A little over one-half mile south, or about 180 rods, this gravel road turns east. It is at this corner that one may enter a pasture gate and locate the stone by walking west about thirty rods, then south about one hundred fifty feet.
The stone is lying flat on the ground in the pasture. The grass partially covered the stone. No background information concerning this individual burial was obtainable. The stone was well preserved, not broken, and could be easily read. The stone was that of
William Harris, died Sept. 23, 1849, age 47 yrs. 7 mos. 13 das.
| These pages were designed and are maintained by IAGenWeb solely for the use and benefit of the IAGenWeb Project, a part of the USGenWeb Project.
Copyright © 1997 by IAGenWeb & Other Contributors
Please read the IAGenWeb Terms, Conditions, & Disclaimer --all of which apply to Keokuk Co.
Back to top of page Return to Keokuk Co. IAGenWeb Back to top of page
Photo background collage is made from penny postcards of Keokuk County, donated to the USGenWeb Archives