Beaver Center (previously known as Lear) was a small village on the corner to the north. It consisted of a general store, post office, creamery and a few houses. The Beaver Center School was located a mile south of the village and was used as a church also. The cemetery was located between the two. Before the parishioners started gathering here for their services about 1885, they would attend church services at Pleasant Valley Reformed Church about 5 miles NW of this location. The minister from that church would come and hold services for them in the school. By 1902 they had built a church in Stout, 2 miles to the NE. This cemetery was plowed under by a farmer who wanted to gain more farmland. The county reclaimed the land within weeks and the area became a responsibility of the township. At one time the gravestones which were recovered were stacked in a corner of the area, but they have since disappeared. Some reclaimed by family descendants. The county has built a memorial to those buried here with their names on the wall. --written and contributed by Jean Sietsema
The surnames listed on the marker are Anderson, Behrends, Bienger, Goldhoorn, Hoffwasen, Johnson, Nelson, Reiter, and Schmidt.