|Des Moines County Site
Des Moines County Recorder
|The following offices have material of interest to genealogists:
Burlington County Recorder's Office
Grantee/Grantor Indexes & Deed Books
Military Homestead Exemption Records Vital Records
Office of the Clerk of the District Court
Naturalizations, Probate Records, Divorce Cases
The Auditors Office
Land Transfer Books
|Burlington Public Library Home Page
||210 Court Street
Burlington, IA 52601
|Des Moines County Genealogical Society
||P.O. Box 493
Burlington, Iowa 52601
|Des Moines County Historical Society
||501 North Fourth Street
Burlington, IA 52601
|Iowa Dept of Public Health
Bureau of Health Statistics
|Jill France, Bureau Chief
Lucas State Office Building
321 E. 12th Street, Des Moines, IA 50319
|The Hawk Eye Online Edition
The Hawk Eye Obituaries
|Iowa's Oldest Newspaper
800 S. Main St., Burlington, Iowa 52601
319-754-8461 1-800-397-1708 FAX 319-754-6824
|LDS Family History Centers
||Family History Centers are branch facilities of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. Centers provide access to most of the microfilms and microfiche in the Family History Library to help patrons identify their ancestors. They have Des Moines county birth, marriage and death records on microfilm...and much more! Everyone is welcome to come to the centers and use Family History Center resources. The link on the left will help you find your local center.
Des Moines County Pioneer Cemetery Commission
If you need to consult a reference that you don't have access to, check below. There may be a volunteer willing to look it up for you. To request a lookup, please follow these simple guidelines:
- Put DES MOINES COUNTY LOOKUP in the subject line and the NAME OF THE SOURCE or SURNAME on the first line of your message. Many volunteers have offered to do lookups from more than one source and in more than one county. This will insure that your request is not overlooked.
- Follow with the specific information you are looking for—one simple request per e-mail—and please do not ask for "everybody with X surname," or for hard copies to be mailed. Also, please comply with any additional restrictions listed by the volunteer
- After receiving a response to your lookup request, remember to send a thank you to the volunteer who helped you out!
|Doctor Ned Benson
St. John's Church
|Church Books for Des Moines County:
1. The Church Book of Deutsche Evangelische Zion Germeinde Church in Latty, Iowa
2. (aka "Latty Church"). Records from 1907 to 1940.
2. The Church Book of Deutsche Evangelisch Zion Kirche (aka "Zion United Church of
2. Christ") in Burlington, Iowa, from years 1864 to 1920.
The books contain records of membership, baptism, birth, confirmation, marriage and death.
|Julie Bowlby Miller
I have 1928, 1929 and 1930 Burlington High School, Pathfinder yearbooks I am willing to do look-ups in.
||Pathfinder Yearbooks: 1916, 1940,
1941. 1942, 1943|
First United Church of Christ records
(formerly First Evangelical) located at 611 Columbia or at the
top of Snake Alley
Also search records for: cemeteries and headstone photos, county vital records,
The Des Moines County, Iowa Lookups Page needs more volunteers who are willing to do lookups in their own resources or at their local libraries. If you own or have access to any Des Moines County information (such as census, cemetery, marriage, newspaper abstracts, etc.) and would be willing to do lookups for other researchers, then please
contact me. Let me know what books you have, and I will put you on the lookup page. It's a great to way to make genealogical contacts!!