29, 1869, by Rev. Daniel Russell, assisted by Rev. Mr. Campbell,
with fourteen members, as follows: Henry Russell, Mrs. Mary Russell,
Miss Grace Russell, W. G. Field, John M. Guthrie, Mrs. E. B.
Marriott, D. G. Eldridge, Mrs. M. A. Eldridge, Henry F. Hamlin,
Sanford R. Grow, Mrs. A. Grow, George Truby, Melvin Walker. Present
membership, forty-one; first officers elected were Elders George
Truby and S. R. Grow, who also acted as Clerk of the Session.
D. G. Eldrige
was added to the Elders October 1, 1870, and John Guthrie and Henry
Burnett made Deacons.
In June, 1874,
the Pastor, Daniel Russell, resigned, from that time up to November
1, 1874, when Rev. David Street became Pastor, conference meetings
only were held.
continued a Pastor until November 1, 1875, when the congregation
accepted his resignation. With the exception of an occasional sermon
preached by Rev. Alvah Day (a resident superannuated preacher), no
regular services were held, until the present Pastor, Rev. William
S. Pryse, assumed charge, June 16, 1877. Since then the church has
almost returned to the prosperous condition it enjoyed at the time
of Rev. D. Russell's resignation, when there were over seventy-five
members. Those now (1878) in office are George Truby, William
Marchant, R. M. Ewart and H. F. Hamlin, Elders; William Marchant and
Robert Morley, Trustees; Royal Van Antwerp, Deacon; E. P. Seeds,
Secretary and Treasurer.
of this church was effected in Burnside Hall, where the meetings
continued up to the time of building the present church edifice,
work on which was commenced in October, 1870, and dedicated to the
service of God in January, 1871.