IAGenWeb Project - Clayton co.

St. Peter's German United Evangelical Lutheran
North Adams St., Garnavillo

 


St. Peter's church, Garnavillo, Iowa

This church burned down and in 1946 a new church was built on the old foundation.


St. Peter's, 1946
~photo source: Garnavillo Historical Society archives
St. Peter Lutheran Church - 50th Anniversary Booklet, 1946


Important! Because the church in Garnavillo shares much history, also see the page for the Pioneer Rock Church at Ceres.

1907

The following members were confirmed by Rev. Mall in St. Peter's Lutheran church last Sunday and received their first communion:

Nettie Brandt
Selma Mueller
Nannie Stickfort
Harvey Bachhaus
Lloyd Mueller
Herman Kregel
Louis Nieman
Herman Hamann
Arnold Stickfort
~Elkader Register, Thur., 28 Mar. 1907. Garnavillo column ~contributed by Reid R. Johnson

 

1920

On Sunday, April 11th, the service in the Evang. Lutheran St. Peters Church will be conducted exclusively in American language, beginning at 7:30 P.M. A Cordial invitation is extended to every one.
John G. Bunge, Pastor

Return to Church Index