Chris P. Larson
Chris P. Larson has found in his native township ample opportunity for carrying forward of successful activities as an up-to-date agriculturist and stock-grower, and it is specially pleasing to record that his well improved farm of one hundred and twenty acres, in Section 2, Highland township, is the place of his nativity, his birth having here occurred on the 23th of September, 1876. He is a son of Peter and Carrie (Benson) Larson, sterling citizens of whom adequate mention is made on other pages, in the sketch dedicated to Edward P. Larson, an elder brother of him whose name initiates this article. Chris P. Larson felt the urge of intellectual ambition to such a degree as to cause him in his youth to profit duly by the advantages afforded in the public schools of his native county, and he has from his boyhood been closely associated with the work and management of the fine old homestead farm which he now owns, this property, comprising one hundred and twenty acres, having been purchased by him in 1911, and his mail service being received through the medium of rural route No. 3 from Elkader, the county seat. His political support is given to the cause of the Republican party, his religious faith is that of the Norwegian Lutheran church, and he is to be designated as one of the popular bachelors and public-spirited citizens of his native county, where his circle of friends is limited only by that of his acquaintances.
source: History of Clayton
County, Iowa; From The Earliest Historical Times Down to
the Present; by Realto E. Price, Vol. II; page 243
Return to 1916 Biographies Index