BEAVER CITY. A post office, 1859-61, first located on section 4, Dayton Township, three miles west of the northwest corner of the present city of New Hampton.
BRADFORD. In the south part of section 9 and the north part of section 16, Bradford Township, two miles northeast of the present town of Nashua. It was the first county seat of Chickasaw County, holding it from 1854 to 1857. The home of the Little Brown Church. Post office, 1853-94.
BOYD. A prosperous village with railroad station and post office, in southern part of New Hampton Township, started in the early 1880's and abandoned about 1920.
CHICKASAW. In section 21, Chickasaw Township. Platted in 1854 and an important town for several years. Post office, 1855-1903.
CHICKASAW CENTER. The original name of the present city of New Hampton.
CHICKASAW STATION. The original name of the present town of Ionia.
DALE. In the northern part of Utica Township. Post Office, 1863.
DAYTON CENTER. In Dayton Township. Post office, 1863.
DEERFIELD. In section 4, Deerfield Township. Post office, 1857-1903.
DRESDEN. In section 1, Richland Township. Post office, 1900-03.
FOREST CiTY. A village in the eastern part of Richland Township. It was for a time in 1858 the county seat of the county. Its existence was brief.
GREENWOOD. In the northwestern part of Bradford Township, as shown on s of 1868 and 1869.
INDIANTOWN. In the northern part of Richland Township, as shown on s from 1856 to 1862.
JACKSONVILLE. A village of importance in section 24, Jacksonville Township. Post office, 1857-85.
JERICO. In the southwest corner of section 24, Jacksonville Township. Post office, 1889-1903.
LITTLE TURKEY. In section 23, Utica Township. Post office, 1867-1903.
LEVILLE. Somewhat northeast of the center of Stapleton Township. Post office, 1851-59.
MANSEN. (Ed note: Should be NANSEN - See Addendum Below). In section 10, Jacksonville Township. Post office, 1897-1903.
REPUBLIC. In the northeast corner of section 20, Richland Township. Post office, 1889-1910.
SAUDE. In section 20, Utica Township. Post office, 1881-1914.
STAPLETON. In the southeastern part of Stapleton Township. Post office, 1857-81.
WAUDENA. In the northern part of New Hampton Township, as shown on s of 1857 to 1862.
WILLIAMSTOWN. A village in the northeast corner of section 13, Richland Township. Post office, 1859-1903.
ZELLO. In the central part of Utica Township. Post office, 1863.
MANSEN. This which appeared in Vol. XVII, p. 459, should be Nansen.
PEARL ROCK. A prosperous town in the 1870's in section 31, Bradford Township, on the west side of the Cedar River.
Source: Abandoned Towns, Villages and Post Offices of Iowa, reprinted from "The Annals of Iowa", Vols. XVII & XVIII 1930-1932, by D. C. Mott. Chickasaw Pages 24-25 & Addenda and Errata on page 146.
Contributed by: Gayle Harper.
Scanned/Edited by: Mike Peterson