Cerro Gordo County Iowa
Part of the IaGenWeb Project
20th & South Federal, Mason City, Iowa
The Globe-Gazette, Mason City, Cerro Gordo County, Iowa
As the factory worker went farther and farther from the center of the city to build his home due to the rapid growth of population, he was followed not only by schools, but also by opportunities for religious worship.
The First Methodist Church, with its building paid for and membership growing, became the leader in this decentralization of church activities by sponsoring two outposts in opposite ends of the city, building the Calvary [Methodist Episcopal] at 1615 Delaware N. E. and the Olivet Church at 20th and South Federal.
Calvary is now  the place of worship for the Assembly of God.
E.R. Bogardus (1850-1927) of Mason City was the architect of the Calvary Methodist Episcopal Church. The church was one of his later works, built in 1913.
Submission by Sharon R. Becker, November of 2013; updated December of 2014
Return to Cerro Gordo Church Index Page
Return to Cerro Gordo Home Page