Cerro Gordo County Iowa
Part of the IaGenWeb Project
411 S. Ohio, Mason City
Cerro Gordo County, Iowa
With a thriving Sunday School in Mason City, the First Covenant Church was founded in 1947 as an Evangelical Covenant Church. Initial worship services were held in the afternoon of March 16, 1947. Services were in the afternoon because the scheduled guest speaker had passed awy several hours earlier. A lay person stepped in to conduct first services.
In June of 1947, an intern pastor, Norris M. Peterson, was called to Mason City. The church was dedicated the following fall.
Pastors who have served the church include:
First Covenant Church celebrated its 25th anniversary in 1972.
Submission by Sharon R. Becker, November of 2013
Return to Cerro Gordo Church Index Page
Return to Cerro Gordo Home Page