The Lowman Cemetery Is located five miles south of Griswold, and two and one half miles east of highway 48 in the south-west corner of the S. W. ¼ of the S. E. ¼ of section 34 on the north side of the county line. The land was given by J. A. Lowman in 1870, and contains 5 acres. It is maintained by taxes. The first burial was a two-year old girl, Ida Guess, daughter of Eli A. and Sarah Guess, in January, 1871. In the 1880s a church was built here which was destroyed by a cyclone in September, 1928. A new church was built but was sold and removed in the 1950s. The cemetery was walked in 1985 by Mr. and Mrs. Delbert Christensen. The cemetery was walked again in 2017 by Carolyn DeLay and Mary Hoegh with every remaining stone documented, photographed and recorded with a copy placed in the Cass County Genealogical Society.
Contributed by Carolyn DeLay and the Cass County Genealogical Society, Jan. 1, 2017.