R. T. YOUNG.
Short bio excerpted from within the Town of Wiota section of the 1906 Compendium.
The second building to be occupied by the townspeople was moved to Wiota from Atlantic, by Frank Whitney. It arrived, in fair shape, in the winter of 1872-3, and was used by
Robert T. Young as a place to store grain. It was an incipient grain warehouse, or elevator, and Mr. Young had commenced to buy grain at this point in the preceding December, having thereby established himself as the first business man of Wiota. He continued in the business until February, 1884, by that time being the owner of a sure-enough elevator. In 1873 he also established a lumber and coal trade, which he conducted for many years. He bought and shipped the first live-stock, and was not only the pioneer business man of the place, but, for years, its most enterprising citizen. Mr. Young was a Pennsylvanian, but came from Illinois to Iowa.
From "Compendium and History of Cass County, Iowa." Chicago: Henry and Taylor & Co., 1906, pg. 171.