|Home > Biographies Home > 1906 Bios|
John Gilbaugh, a Pennsylvanian, had a family of twelve children before coming to Lincoln township; nine of them were then living--the oldest twenty-four years of age and the youngest six. Mr. Gilbaugh became a resident in the spring of 1875, settling in section 14, where he at first owned 120 acres. Later he bought 280 acres on sections 14 and 23, 160 acres of which he sold to Peter Lattig in 1882. The Gilbaugh farm was considered one of the best in the township, his land bearing a fine orchard and grove of soft maples.
From "Compendium and History of Cass County, Iowa." Chicago: Henry and Taylor & Co., 1906, pg. 161-162.
Site Terms, Conditions & Disclaimer