|Home > Biographies Home > 1906 Bios|
In the spring prior to the original organization of the township, the Pymosa postoffice was established at the log cabin of James Brinkerhoff, on section 11, with Mr. Brinkerhoff as postmaster. As stated, he was elected justice of the peace, among the first township officers, in the following autumn. Mr. Brinkerhoff was a Pennsylvania man, but came to Iowa from Ohio, in the fall of 1854. He had a family of five or six children and was considered a good and kind neighbor and citizen. He remained in the township until 1861, when he removed to Colorado and died in that State.
From "Compendium and History of Cass County, Iowa." Chicago: Henry and Taylor & Co., 1906, pg. 114.
Site Terms, Conditions & Disclaimer