[ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Joseph Clark House Fire - 1913

CLARK

Posted By: Christine Clark (email)
Date: 6/3/2008 at 13:42:10

Article taken from the Waterloo Evening Courier; Waterloo, IA
Wednesday, March 19, 1913

Three Children Perish in Fire

Mother is at Point of Death from Burning of Home at Belmond, IA

Explosion of Heating Stove Supposed Cause

Fire Surprised Family and Father was Only One Able to Escape Uninjured

Belmond, Ia., March 19 Three little children are dead and their mother is at the point of death as the result of a fire which destroyed the home of Joseph Clark here.

The structure was small, of frame construction, and was completely destroyed. The blaze is believed to have been caused by the explosion of a heating stove.

The fire surprised Mr. and Mrs. Clark and the children in their beds and Mr. Clark was the only one able to escape. He was not seriously injured. Neighbors were unable to assist him to rescue his family.


 

Wright Documents maintained by Sarah Thorson Little.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen

[ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]