Bjork, Brenda Lee 1965-1967
BJORK, YATES, SCHILTZ, KISTING, TONSFELDT
Posted By: Linda Mohning (email)
Date: 4/30/2012 at 06:04:23
Le Mars tot dies after eating pills.
Brenda Lee Bjork, 1-year-old daughter of Mrs. Eilene Bjork of Le Mars died early Sunday in a Sioux City hospital after she apparently swallowed several phenobarbital pills.
The infant had been at the home of her grandfather, Clarence Yates, when she was discovered playing on the floor with the pills scattered around.
At first she showed no signs that she had eaten them, but two hours later she became ill and was rushed to St. Luke Lutheran hospital in Sioux City, where she died shortly after 1:30 a.m.
The little girls was taken to the Sioux City hospital in the Luken ambulance.
Dr. Thomas L. Coriden, Woodbury county medical examiner said the baby apparently died of ingestion of phenobarbital pills. He said he still was investigating the death Sunday night.
Mrs. Bjork’s husband died two months ago.
Survivors in addition to the mother, are two brothers, Brian 3 and Bruce one month, both at home; grandparents Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Yates of Le Mars and Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Schiltz of Remsen; great-grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Yates of Le Mars, Mrs. Martha Kisting of Moville, Mr. and Mrs. William Tonsfeldt of Remsen and Mrs. Clare Bjork of Remsen.
Funeral services for the infant will be a 2 p.m. Tuesday at St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran church at Remsen.
Rev. Paul Wuebben will officiate. Burial will be in Remsen City cemetery under the direction of Moeller funeral home. – Le Mars Globe Post, Jan. 16, 1967, page 1.
Plymouth Obituaries maintained by Linda Ziemann.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen