Johnson, Harold & Helen Ross (Marr 1941)
Posted By: Linda Ziemann, volunteer (email)
Date: 3/30/2018 at 12:47:54
LeMars Sentinel, LeMars, Iowa
June 17, 1941
Harold Johnson Weds Helen Ross
Marry At Little Brown Church In Vale
The Little Brown Church in the Vale of Nashua, Iowa, was the scene of a pretty wedding on Saturday evening, June 7, 1941, at 5:30 o’clock, when Miss Helen Ross, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Fred C. Ross, near Akron, became the bride of Harold Johnson, son of Mr. and Mrs. C. J. Johnson, living southeast of Akron.
The bridal couple, preceded by the attendants, Mr. and Mrs. Ben Hartman, entered the church and took their places at the altar to the strains of the Lohengrin chorus from Wagner’s opera played on the organ by Mrs. F. L. Hanscom. Rev. F. L. Hanscom, pastor of the Little Brown church, performed the ceremony.
The ride wore a street length dress of navy blue, with blue and white accessories. Her flowers were a corsage of American Beauty rosebuds. The bridesmaid was attired in a powder blue redingote, with beige accessories.
The bride and groom are both graduates of Westfield high school. She attended Methodist hospital nurse’s training school at Sioux City and has been employed for the past year at the Akron hospital. Mr. Johnson attended Midwest Commercial College in Sioux City and has been assisting his father with farming the past two years. They will reside with the groom’s parents, southeast of Akron.
Plymouth Documents maintained by Linda Ziemann.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen