LeFleuer, Charles & Laura A. Morse (Marriage 1903)
Posted By: Linda Ziemann, volunteer (email)
Date: 9/25/2011 at 19:30:38
June 27, 1903
A pretty June wedding took place at the pleasant home of Mr. and Mrs. C. N. Morse on Ninth Street on Wednesday evening, when they gave their daughter, Laura A., into marriage to Mr. Charles LeFuer. The ceremony took place promptly at 8 o’clock and was witnessed by about twenty friends of the family. The parlors were beautifully decorated in the wedding colors, pink and white, and were literally bathed in lovely blush roses of pink and white and syringas banked in corgns of vantage. The ceremony was performed in a bay window at a prettily arranged altar and beneath a beautiful marriage bell of pink and white flowers and suspended by a floral rope.
Miss Nellie Morse, maid-in-waiting, escorted the guests to the reception rooms, and promptly at eight o’clock Allen Bogen at the piano sounded the peals of a wedding march announcing the arrival of the bridal party. Rev. A. A. Randall, the officiating clergyman, entered first, Clara Smith, the flower girl, was followed by the groom and his best man, Floyd Glenzen. Little Stewart Randall came next bearing the wedding ring on an embroidered cushion, followed the by the bride attended by her sister, Miss Pearl Morse. The bride was exquisitely attired in a creation of white silk mull with a lace yoke trimmed with medallions, and carried a bouquet of white carnations. The ring ceremony was used.
After congratulations the guests were ushered into the dining room where an elaborate three course supper was served. The tables were a profusion of pink and white.
The out of town guests were Mrs. James Harker of Randolph, Neb., Mr. and W. A. Julian and Mrs. L. M. Garner, of Merrill.
The happy couple immediately went to housekeeping in a cozy cottage on Clark street.
Plymouth Documents maintained by Linda Ziemann.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen