Tschampel, Harold & Ethel Kehrberg (Marriage 1945)
Posted By: Linda Ziemann, volunteer
Date: 7/31/2011 at 21:40:03
LeMars Semi-Weekly Sentinel
June 15, 1945
ETHEL KEHRBERG-HAROLD TSCHAMPEL WED ON JUNE 14
Merrill Methodist Church Scene Of Ceremony
Baskets of assorted flowers and lighted candles decorated the Merrill Methodist church for the wedding of Miss Ethel Kehrberg, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Herbert E. Kehrberg, and Harold F. Tschampel, son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Tschampel, Thursday evening, June 14. Dr. William Zabilka officiated, the single ring ceremony being used.
Mrs. E. Frels, gowned in a blue lace formal, played the nuptial music, including, “Narcissus,” “To A Wild Rose,” the Bridal Chorus from Lohengrins as the processional and Mendelssohn’s wedding recessional. Preceding the entrance of the wedding party, Mrs. Lowell Kehrberg, in a white formal, sang “At Dawnin” and “Always” and during the ceremony, “The Lord’s Prayer.”
The bride, given in marriage by her father, was gowned in brocaded white taffeta with a net overskirt and wore a fingertip veil. She wore a locket, a gift from the groom. She carried colonial bouquet of white roses and sweet peas. Mrs. D. J. Hermann, sister of the bride, of Port Angeles, Washington, acted as matron of honor, wearing a blue floral chiffon formal and carried a colonial bouquet.
The little flower girl, Mary Ann Johnson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Johnson, and the ring bearer, Jeneen Anderson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Glen Anderson of Cherokee, wore white floor-length dresses with blue trimming and blue bows in their hair.
The candlelighters, Eugene Winterfeld, son of Mr. and Mrs. Alvin Winterfeld of Craig, and Dale Donlin, son of Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Donlin of LeMars, both cousins of the bride, wore brown herringbone suits.
The groom’s attendant was Lloyd Howes and Herbert Kehrberg Jr. and Lowell Kehrberg were ushers.
The bride’s mother received in a black net dress with white accessories. The groom’s mother wore a black and white printed silk with white accessories. Both wore blue and white corsages.
A reception was given at the bride’s parental home to 150 guests. A large wedding cake made an attractive centerpiece, lighted by blue lighted tapers on either side. Hostesses for the occasion included: Mrs. Alvin Winterfeld, Mrs. John Johnson, Mrs. Milton Blecker, Mrs. R. C. Berner and Mrs. H. Pech. Waitresses were Misses Marie Weidauer, Esther Donlin, Evelyn Donlin and Rose Mary Bohlke. Mrs. Donald Fischer cut the wedding cake.
After a weekend at the Iowa lakes the newly wedded couple will be at home to their friends with the groom’s parents until the completion of their home.
The bride is a graduate of the Merrill high school and attended Iowa State Teachers College, Western Union College, and Nebraska State Teachers College, Wayne, Neb. She taught in the rural schools of Plymouth County a number of years, and for the past three years she has been primary teacher at the Union Township Consolidated school. The groom received his education in the LeMars public schools and is engaged in farming with his father.
Plymouth Documents maintained by Linda Ziemann.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen