Knapp, Fred & Clara Wernike (Marriage 1897)
Posted By: Linda Ziemann, volunteer (email)
Date: 3/11/2011 at 16:29:48
The LeMars Globe
Saturday, Feb. 27, 1897
Mr. Fred Knapp, of Stanton township, and Miss Clara Wernike, of LeMars, were
united in marriage on Wednesday, February 24, 1897. The ceremony took place
at the residence of Dr. C. M. Hillebrand in LeMars, in the presence of a few
relatives and intimate friends, Rev. Dulitz, of the German Methodist church
pronouncing the words that made the young couple husband and wife.
At three o’clock Miss Ella Hillebrand took her position at the piano and the
bride and bridegroom, preceded by the officiating clergyman, entered the
parlor and took their places beneath a floral arch to the strains of
Mendelssohn’s wedding march.
The bride was charmingly attired in a gown of cream novelty goods, trimmed
with chiffon, passmenterie and ribbons and carried a beautiful bouquet of
After the ceremony the guests partook of dainty refreshments and the evening
hours were delightfully passed with vocal and instrumental music.
The young people are well known in Plymouth County, the groom having been
born here, and the bride having passed the major part of her life in
Plymouth County where of late years she has taught school with unqualified
success. Mr. Knapp is a prosperous young farmer who counts his friends by
the score. The young couple will go to housekeeping immediately on a farm
in Stanton township. Numberless friends will wish these popular people
unalloyed happiness in their wedded life.
Plymouth Documents maintained by Linda Ziemann.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen