Ivey, John W. & Vera Scott (Marriage 1912)
Posted By: Linda Ziemann, volunteer (email)
Date: 11/8/2010 at 10:22:15
LeMars Semi-Weekly Sentinel
June 7, 1912
MISS VERA SCOTT AND JOHN IVEY UNITED IN MARRIAGE
A wedding of special interest in LeMars took place on Tuesday at 10 o’clock
a.m. at Remsen when Miss Vera Scott, second daughter of Mr. and Mrs. T. P.
Scott, and John W. Ivey, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Ivey, of LeMars, were
united in marriage at the home of the bride’s parents. Rev. J. Stark, of the
Lutheran church, officiated in the marriage ceremony, which took place in
the presence of the immediate relatives and only a few intimate friends. The
wedding colors of green and white prevailed in the decorations of the home,
which were especially pretty in their arrangements.
The bride wore a pretty gown of white net with lace trimmings fashioned over
a foundation of white silk. A long tulle veil held in place by a spray of
lilies of the valley and a bridal bouquet of roses and lilies of the valley
completed this pretty costume. The bridal couple were unattended.
A wedding dinner was served at the home of the bride’s parents after the
ceremony. The wedding colors of green and white prevailed in the centerpiece
and appointments of the long table at which the guests were seated and the
four courses of the dinner menu added to the color effect. Mr. and Mrs. Ivey
left on a late afternoon train for a two weeks visit in Fort Dodge, Forest
City and Ackley. The bride wore a pretty traveling suit of blue voile with
hat and gloves of corresponding shade. Mr. and Mrs. Ivey will make their
home in LeMars and will live at 421 Clarke street, where they will be at
home to their friends after July 1st.
The wedding is of much interest to friends here owing to the popularity of
the groom in his home town, his business associations being with the Red
Cross Drug company.
Plymouth Documents maintained by Linda Ziemann.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen