FIRE - Rev. C. F. Veits 1860
Posted By: Cheryl Locher Moonen (email)
Date: 7/24/2016 at 15:41:57
Dubuque Herald, Jan. 7, 186
We learn from the Muscatine Journal that at 2 o'clock Sunday morning last the residence of Rev. C. F. Veits, pastor of the German Congregational Church, on Walnut Street, near the Courthouse, was destroyed by fire. Rev. Veits occupied the upper apartments and owned the building. His valuable library and much of the furniture was consumed. The loss will be severely felt by him, as he had just succeeded, by close economy, in paying for the property. The fire originated from a defective chimney flue.
Muscatine Documents maintained by Lynn McCleary.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen