Doxsee, Adelaide 1893 – 1896
Posted By: Joy Moore (email)
Date: 2/17/2021 at 10:40:11
Source: Decorah Republican Oct. 1, 1896 P 3 C 2
Fatal Accident at Algona.
Algona, Sept. 28.—The four-year-old child of Mr. and Mrs. C. M. Doxsee was fatally burned at 6:50 last night and died a few hours later. The family had been away from home visiting at Mrs. Doxsee’s father and mother, Mr. H. Ingham's when the accident happened. The children were playing with a jack-lantern when one of the older ones poured on a cup of gasoline, which caused the little one's clothing to catch fire. The flames were quickly extinguished, but not until they had done their fatal work. Another child of the same family died of typhoid fever to-day.
Transcriber’s Note: Find a Grave shows this was Adelaide who was born Nov. 1, 1893 and died Sept. 22, 1896. She is buried in Riverview Cemetery.
Kossuth Obituaries maintained by Linda Ziemann.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen