DANIELSON, Henry E. - 1912 Bio (1878-1957)
DANIELSON, FALK, RIVEY, DROZ
Posted By: Debbie Nash - Volunteer (email)
Date: 3/17/2005 at 22:40:38
From the “History of Jefferson County, Iowa” – 1912, Volume II
HENRY E. DANIELSON
“Henry E. DANIELSON devotes his energies to the cultivation of a highly improved farm of sixty acres that he owns adjoining Lockridge. He is a native of Jefferson county, having been born in the township where he now resides on November 18, 1878, a son of Albert and Lottie (FALK) DANIELSON, natives of Sweden. The father emigrated to the United States in 1869, locating in this county where he worked as a farm hand and laborer on the railroad for several years. An energetic man of thrifty habits, he carefully saved a portion of each month’s wages until he had acquired the mean to buy a farm, then invested his capital in eighty acres of land in Lockridge township. He diligently applied himself to clearing and improving his property in the cultivation of which he met with such success that he was later able to extend his holdings by the addition of another eighty acres. The operation of his homestead thereafter engaged his attention until his demise, October 18, 1901, at the age of sixty-five years. The mother, who is now sixty-five, continues to make her home in this township.
The boyhood and youth of Henry E. DANIELSON were passed on his father’s place in Lockridge township, his education being obtained in the district schools of the vicinity. He remained with his parents until he had attained his majority, devoting his energies to assisting his father with the farm work. For two years after leaving home he worked as a farm hand, when he engaged with his brother in cooperative farming until 1901. This undertaking proved to be so lucrative that they bought the old homestead, of which each took eighty acres. Mr. DANIELSON operated his share until 1906, when he sold and removed to Lockridge, where he became associated with Louis J. Graf in purchasing the general mercantile business of C. J. Overstrom. After spending three years in commercial activities Mr. DANIELSON decided to return to farming, so disposing of his share in the business he purchased sixty acres of improved land, that he has ever since been operating. He takes much pride in his place, which is well kept up and given the careful supervision that insures abundant crops of a superior quality, and as a result his efforts are being most substantially rewarded.
On the 2d of September, 1903, Mr. Danielson was united in marriage to Miss Rose RIVEY, a daughter of Peter and Amelia (DROZ) RIVEY. The parents emigrated to this country from France, locating in Jefferson county during the early days. They bought forty acres of land in Round Prairie township, that they cleared and cultivated, and there they reared their twelve children. They were industrious and thrifty and added to their holdings at divers times as their resources permitted until they had acquired one hundred acres, upon which they still reside. Three children have been born to the marriage of Mr. and Mrs. DANIELSON: Lucille V., who is seven years of age; Gladys A., who is five; and Earl K., a lad of three years.
Mr. and Mrs. DANIELSON affiliate with the Baptist church, and fraternally he is a member of the Woodmen of the World. He is a republican in politics and at the present time is serving in the capacity of township clerk and secretary of the school board. Mr. DANIELSON belongs to that type of citizens whose efforts are directed not only toward the development of his personal interests but those of the community at large, and to this end he uses his influence in promoting every progressive movement.”
I am copying this for genealogical purposes and am not related to said individuals.
Jefferson Biographies maintained by Joey Stark.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen