Main Street Methodist Church - 1868
Posted By: Pat Ryan White (email)
Date: 10/19/2020 at 19:16:14
The Maine St. Methodist Episcopal church is erecting a Chapel for its use. The building is to be seventy feet in length, and thirty-eight feet in width. It will be ready for occupancy about the first of December. The Congregation erecting this chapel has been worshipping in the University, but its accommodations there are insufficient, and therefore the present structure. Room is left on the lot - one of the most eligible in the city - for such a church as will be an ornament to the place, and a credit to the Denomination.
["Mt. Pleasant Journal", October 16, 1868]
Henry Documents maintained by Constance McDaniel Hall.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen