[ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Ely-Callery Wedding

ELY, CALLERY, JOHNSON, LEWIS

Posted By: Laura Schnabel (email)
Date: 5/14/2014 at 16:38:59

Webster City Freeman 5 May 1908 page 6

Monday morning at 7 o'clock, at Saint Thomas Aquinas Church, the marriage of Miss Laura Blanche Ely of this city and Mr. Edward F. Callery of Duncombe, Rev. Father Norton officiating the wedding celebrated with high mass. The bridal couple was attended by T.F. Desmond as groomsman and Mrs. T.F. Desmond as matron.

The bride was becomingly gowned in blue serge over blue satin. Immediately following the ceremony the bridal party went to the brides parents, Mr. and Mrs. Geo Ely on West Second Street where a three course wedding breakfast was served. The house and table decorations were in beautiful pink and white with maidenhair ferns, The bride presented to each guest a photo. Mrs. Callery is the youngest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Ely and has lived in this vicinity all of her life where she is well known having won a large circle of friends who wish her much joy and happiness.

The groom is a prominent and successful business man of Duncombe. He is highly spoken of and well worthy of the bride he won. They left for Des Moines and other points south on a wedding journey. The brides going away gown was of black broadcloth. After April first they will be at home in Duncombe.


 

Hamilton Documents maintained by Janelle Graham Martin.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen

[ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]