WEST FORK TWP.-"Franklin County Itís Past & Present"-1869
INGHAM, MEYES, CRAPSER, LOCKHART, ROBINSON, KELLOGG, BAILEY, LITTLE, LOCKWOOD, BUSHGAGER, HORTON, RUDOLF, CHAMBERS, JOHN
Posted By: cheryl Locher moonen (email)
Date: 1/31/2020 at 15:18:52
Dubuque Daily Times. Sunday, Apr 11, 1869. Dubuque, IA. Page: 2
Itís Past & Present
WEST FORK TOWNSHIP-was set off from Ingham Township in 1868, and includes on Congressional Township, 93 and 19. The first settlement of the township was made in September, 1855 by Henry Meyes, Sr., (present Recorder of Franklin County) who removed there from Sauk County, Wisconsin. In June, 1856, John O. Crapser, from Greene County, New York, L. N. Lockhart, from Saratoga County, New York, and Solomon Robinson, settled at corner where they now reside, in the northeastern portion of the township. Some of those owning the largest farms are Messrs., V. Kellogg, J. E. Bailey, A. T. Little, Lockwood, H. Bushgager, G. H. Horton, and Rudolf, Bro.
Coldwater, is the name of a Post Office in the northeastern corner of the township, on the mail route from Hampton to Marble Rock; James Chambers, Postmaster. John O. Crapser has a hotel near the Post Office, but across the line in Cerro Gordo County.
Ingham, is the name of the Post Office on the same mail route, about the central portion of the township. L. T. John, Postmaster.
Franklin Documents maintained by Rose Rouse.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen