[ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Gasoline Caused Fire 1902

KEARNEY

Posted By: Cheryl Locher Moonen (email)
Date: 2/15/2017 at 18:33:53

Dubuque Telegraph-Herald, Jan. 6, 1902

Gasoline Caused Fire
~
Hampton, Jan. 6 About 9:30 yesterday the restaurant run by J. F. Kearney was nearly destroyed by fire. The cause was a gasoline stove which leaked the gasoline. This became ignited and caused the tank to explode. The flames spread very rapidly and but for the prompt work of the fireman the entire building would have been destroyed. Loss is yet unknown.


 

Franklin Documents maintained by Crystal Wilken.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen

[ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]