Schollerman - Schollerman divorce 1890
SCHOLLERMAN, THOMSON, OELKE
Posted By: Judy Moyna (email)
Date: 2/8/2011 at 17:37:51
10 July 10, 1890, Notes from J. O. Cosby’s (an attorney) file in Garnavillo and court papers of the divorce of Catherine Schollerman and Frederick Schollerman
Notes: Petition in Equity, Catherine (Born Thomson) Schoellerman v. Frederick Schoellerman
no communication since 1885. Send notice to Marvin Cook, Huron, Beadle Co. S. Dak. Mrs. S. and Henry Oelke are all the witnesses necessary
Catharine M. Schoelermann vs. Fritz Schoelerman
Married in the year 1851 in Schleswig Holstein, and came to Clayton County in 1854, and they resided here till July 10 1885 when Schoellerman went to Dakota and without cause has absented himself for 5 years and has contributed nothing to her support.
In the District Court of Clayton County, Catharine M. Schollerman vs. Fritz Schollerman, Petition in Equity, dated August ? 1890
The plaintiff states:
1. That she has been a resident of Clayton County, Iowa, since the year 1854 and still resides there.
2. That this application is not made through fear or restraint or out of any levity, but in sincerity and solely for the purpose set forth in this petition.
3. That in the year 1851 in Schlewig Holstein in Europe, she was married to the defendant.
4. That since the said marriage she has conducted herself towards the defendant as a loving and obedient wife.
5. That the defendant disregarding his duties as a husband heretofore to wit; in the month of July 1885 willfully deserted the plaintiff and has absented himself without a reasonable cause for the space of five years.
6. The plaintiff therefore demands that she may be divorced from the bonds of matrimony with said defendant and that she may have such other and further relief in the premises as may be deemed equitable.
State of Iowa
I, Catherine M. Schollerman, having been duly sworn, say that I am the plaintiff in the foregoing petition and have heard it read and know its contents and the allegations thereof are true as I truly believe. Sworn to and subscribed before me this 15th day of Aug. 1890.
Clayton Documents maintained by Sharyl Ferrall.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen