Shippey house burnes - 1871
Posted By: Colette Miles (email)
Date: 6/5/2014 at 14:00:40
The Cherokee Times - Cherokee, Iowa - March 3, 1871
We regret to learn that the dwelling of Mr,
Nathan Shippey of Cedar was burned to the
ground on Tuesday night, consumiug every
thing in the house except a small supply of
bedding. The house was a log one and
thatched. The fire caught in the roof and before
discovered was beyond control.
Mr. Shippey has been exceedingly unfortunate in his experience out here, having lost
his wife and daughter, and now to add to his
misfortunes is left without a home.
Cherokee Documents maintained by Cindy Booth Maher.
WebBBS 4.33 Genealogy Modification Package by WebJourneymen