Black Hawk County, Iowa History
Burlington, Cedar Rapids and Northern Railway
Later part of the Rock Island, ran its first train into Waterloo in 1870. The third line, the Chicago Great Western reached Waterloo and built stations on each side of the river and the other two lines followed their competition's example and built stations downtown.
Photo courtesy of Robert Levis
This station, located at Bluff and Fourth was built around 1890. By 1915 75 trains a day moved in and out of the Waterloo-Cedar Falls area and along with the electric Waterloo, Cedar Falls and Northern, carried 70,000 cars of freight annually.