IAGenWeb Project - Allamakee co. Church records


East Paint Creek Synod Lutheran Church
Paint Creek twp.


East Paint Creek Synod Lutheran Church, photographed by Reid R. Johnson
East Paint Creek Synod Lutheran Church

~photographed by Reid R. Johnson, summer 2013

The East Paint Creek Synod Church, built in 1890, and West Paint Creek Synod Church, built in 1892, were founded by Norwegian immigrants in 1851. Both were organized in 1886 for doctrinal reasons.

The church is located at the corner of Waterville Rd. & Gronna Dr. The cemetery is on the grounds, next to the church.

East Paint Creek Synod Lutheran Church & cemetery, photographed by S. Ferrall
East Paint Creek Synod Lutheran Church & cemetery
~photographed by S. Ferrall, 2008


More information about the history of East Paint Creek Synod church:

*On-site: Brief history & location maps

*Off-site: History of East Paint Creek & West Paint Creek churches (opens in a new window)

~*~*~

Return to Church index